We are happy to announce our Newly DIVAS ON FLEEK BLOG.
Here our Divas on Fleek, will find interesting and helpful information about fashion, beauty, lifestyle and more.
This our first article will share tips and guidance on how to identify our body shape. But, most importantly, it is intended to provide our Divas on Fleek with key information about dressing for their body shape.
Being self-conscious about our body shape is a must when sorting different fashion style. Women silhouette goes from specific ethnic-races traces to a wide variety of shapes and sizes. So Divas, keep in mind that no matter what type of body shape you have, your silhouette, is a unique master piece of your own beauty.
Have you been asking yourself before What body shape do you have? And have you thought about why your body shape should ring bells in your closet? Well, the answers to these questions are very essential because knowing your body shape will lead you to the right path when choosing your own dressing style.
There are five main body shape categories described in this blog: the rectangle, the inverted triangle, the apple, the pear, and the hourglass. At first look, women silhouette will not fall a hundred percent into one of these categories. Instead, a woman body shape is a result of a combination of two or more predominant traces. For example, our body shape might not be exactly an hourglass, but then an hourglass with pear shape tendencies. Or a pear shape with a little extra weight around the waist.
Every woman silhouette is unique, so there is not an ideal body shape to fit every woman. But understanding the best way to enhance your body shape, is the ultimate purpose of this blog. Here we tell you how: First, figure out your closest body shape from the main categories. Second, know about your specific body shape. and Third, learn how to dress following the Don’t and Do tips according to your body shape.
Let’s get started. Figure out in in these three easy steps what body shape you have:
ONE: Stand in front of a full-length size mirror. Be sure you can see you whole body - head to feet, so step some feet away if necessary.
TWO: Observe your overall body shape. Start from your head to feet, focus your attention in your shoulders, torso, and hips. Identify the smaller and the largest proportions between them.
THREE: Determine how your shoulders width compare to your waistline and your hips. Once you have done it. You will have an idea of how your body shape looks like. Then, Identify your body shape from the main five categories.
TIP: It is always helpful to ask some friends to join you as they might have a second opinion!
Now is time to learn more about your body shape:
Rectangle Body Shape Key Points
How to tell if you have rectangle silhouette:
- Your hips, waistline and shoulders have about the same width.
- Waist measures from one to eight inches (2.5 cm – 20 cm) smaller than the bust.
- You have quite straight shoulders.
- Your buttocks tend to be flat.
- You have an athletic build and a small bustline.
- When gain weight, it is shows evenly, but may gain some more through the upper back or neck.
Inverted triangle shape Key Points
How to tell if you have an inverted triangle silhouette:
- You have prominent and broad straight shoulders — wider than your waistline or hips.
- Your shoulders are about two to five inches bigger than your hip measurement.
- You might have a larger chest and fuller back
- You tend to have slightly flat buttocks
- You have an athletic build appearance
- When gain weight, it is usually showing through the torso and back area
Apple shape Key Points
How to tell if you have an apple silhouette:
- Hips and shoulders have the same width; waistline has the same width or is wider
- Your hips are about two to six inches smaller than your shoulders
- Your bust and/or midriff are larger than your hips.
- Your high hip is wider than your lower hip.
- Your thighs or hips are probably the narrowest part of your body
- You gain weight mainly around the waist, at least in proportion to the other parts of your body
Pear shape Key Points
How to tell if you have a pear silhouette:
- Your hips are wider than your shoulders.
- Your hips are about two to five inches bigger than your shoulder.
- You have round, sloping shoulders.
- Your buttocks and thighs are full and round.
- You have a well-defined waistline
- Pear body shapes gain weight on their thighs.
Hourglass shape Key Points
How to tell if you have an hourglass silhouette:
- Your hips and shoulders have about the same width
- Your waist is visible smaller than your shoulder, hip and torso.
- You have round and sloping shoulders
- Your buttocks are rather round.
- Your thighs are full but narrower than the lower hips.
Hourglass body shapes gain weight through the hips and above the waist.